The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Springbrook Drama Club Presents The Addams Family: A Quirky, Musical Extravaganza

The Springbrook Drama Club is excited to present our spring musical, The Addams Family! We are rapidly approaching our opening night on March 8th and are dedicated to making this show a resounding success.

The popularity of The Addams Family soared in 2022 with the release of the horror series “Wednesday,” featuring Jenna Ortega, on Netflix. Many people either became acquainted with the Addams Family story or experienced a nostalgic journey back to the original movie.

The Addams Family is a musical adaptation based on the original cartoon by Charles Addams, with the book written by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, and music composed by Andrew Lippa. This musical comedy delves into the dark and peculiar family history of the Addams, portraying them as “different” due to their gothic tendencies and ghoulish activities. Despite being perceived as peculiar by others, their lifestyle is entirely normal to them. The family’s annual gathering, highlighted by the opening song “When You’re An Addams,” invites the living, the dead, and the undecided to join them on stage for a dance.

However, the twist unfolds when our protagonist, Wednesday Addams, the daughter of Gomez and Morticia Addams, falls in love with a “normal” guy named Lucas. In turn, Lucas reciprocates her feelings. As these star-crossed lovers grapple with conflicting advice from their parents and follow their hearts, the narrative reveals that there is no true definition of normal in this world.

Following auditions in December, the cast and crew have been diligently working to create an outstanding show for you. With the completion of the set and thorough rehearsals, including prop creation and choreography, the pieces are falling into place for an unforgettable performance.