The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Springbrook High School Choir Strikes a Chord at Choral Adjudication

On March 4th, 2024, Walter Johnson High School hosted the Montgomery County Public Schools Orchestra Adjudication & Clinics. High schools from all over Montgomery County, such as Paint Branch HS, Blair HS, Einstein HS, and many more, came together to participate in the adjudication and receive clinical experience under musical professionals. The adjudicators who evaluated Springbrook’s Orchestra included Elizabeth Reinhardt, Dan Sitomer, and Stephen W. Miles, PhD. These judges provided our orchestra with valuable feedback and suggestions based on our performance.

The pieces performed by Springbrook’s Orchestra included St. Anthony Chorale Arr. by Sandra Dackow, Cherry Tree by Yukiko Nishimura, and Overture by Gioachino Rossini Arr. Harry Alshin.

Speaking from personal experience, it was a bit unusual to play and perform in a different environment. However, the hosts were very welcoming and kind to us. Before taking the stage to perform before the judges, we warmed up as a group in a practice room. Then, we performed our musical pieces onstage in front of the judges. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but playing alongside our friends and peers made it better. Lastly, we had the opportunity to watch performances by other Montgomery County high schools as well.

Reflecting on this day, I can confidently say that without Ms. Guggenheim-Triana’s hard work, we wouldn’t have been able to pull off our performance!