The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Springbrook High School Students Immerse in Operation Outbreak: A Hands-On Biology Experience

Springbrook High School’s Science Resource Teacher, Ms. Kellerman, orchestrated an immersive and educational event known as Operation Outbreak. This innovative initiative aimed to provide students with a hands-on understanding of epidemiology and the spread of infectious diseases.

Throughout the event, students engaged in a series of interactive activities and simulations designed to simulate the spread of infectious diseases within a community. From analyzing data and conducting contact tracing to implementing preventative measures, students were actively involved in every stage of the outbreak investigation process.

Ms. Kellerman’s dedication to providing her students with engaging and hands-on learning opportunities was evident throughout the Operation Outbreak experience. Her commitment to excellence in science education and her innovative approach to teaching have left a lasting impression on both students and colleagues alike.

For Ms. Kellerman and her students, Operation Outbreak served as a reminder of the power of experiential learning to inspire curiosity, foster creativity, and ignite a passion for science. As they continue their educational journey, students carry with them the valuable lessons learned from this immersive and unforgettable experience.