The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Field Hockey for the Win

On Oct 11, 2023, Field Hockey hosted their Senior Night celebrating their two seniors, Daniela and Scout. After the senior night activities, the team had their game against Magruder High School and won a tough game with the final score being 3-0. Daniela Wallen, Anna Jesudas, and Malak Fadalla won the goals. The players on the field team have all enjoyed the time they have spent with the two seniors during the fall season playing Field Hockey and the spring playing Lacrosse. The team is still fighting strong as playoffs started and they hope to win it all. Their first game of playoffs was on Friday October 28, 2023, against Paint Branch High School and they won with a score of 5-1 and Continue to their next game on today, October 31, 2023 at North County High School. 

Message for Athletics: This is an MPSSAA playoff game and tickets are sold only on GoFan for $6 (plus a $1 convenience fee) for all spectators ages 7 and older – HERE is the game ticket link. Only MPSSAA state passes will be accepted.  Sorry, Springbrook season passes cannot be accepted for this game.

Coaches: Leah Simpson (Arthur), Jaime Ballard, and Juliana Rozario

“Being on the Field Hockey team was a rewarding experience. I loved being on the field and being around all my teammates.” -Amie Singhateh

“I like playing Field Hockey because it relieves me mentally and I enjoy bonding with my team and growing more and more in the sport.” -Anna Jesudas

“I enjoy playing field hockey because it helps me grow as a person in school and on the field, it helps me develop teamwork and communication skills. But I play field hockey because I love the sport and my teammates who feel like family to me.” -Lia Jesudas

“Field Hockey is not just a sport. It’s a community and a family where everyone learns to love each other and have fun together.” -Saige Miley 

Congratulations to coaches Leah Simpson (Arthur), Jaime Ballard, & Juliana Rozario and the #2 seed varsity field hockey team on defeating Paint Branch in the first round of the MPSSAA 4A North Region 1 Playoffs!!!  Next, the Blue Devils will travel to #1 North County in the region championship tomorrow, October 30th at 7:00pm.  This is an MPSSAA playoff game and tickets are sold only on GoFan for $6 (plus a $1 convenience fee) for all spectators ages 7 and older – HERE is the game ticket link. Only MPSSAA state passes will be accepted.  Sorry, Springbrook season passes cannot be accepted for this game.

4A North Region 1 Field Hockey Finals

Springbrook at North County

When: Tuesday, October 31st at 7:00pm

Where: North County High School (10 E. 1st Ave., Glen Burnie, MD 21061)