The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Springbrook High School Athletes Shine Across Multiple Sports in Recent Competitions

The Springbrook High School athletic community has been abuzz with excitement as students from the Indoor Track, Swim & Dive, and Wrestling teams showcased their skills in recent competitions.

INDOOR TRACK: This week, the Indoor Track team displayed outstanding performances at the 4A State Championship Meet. Shakira Moumban emerged as the state champion and set a new school record in the shot put, adding a remarkable achievement to her name. Congratulations, Shakira! Other notable finishes included Malak Fadlalla securing 5th place in the 55m hurdles, and the Girls 4x400m Relay team (Ashanti Williams, Malak Fadlalla, Vynou Philogene, Nwaamaka Agwu) earning 5th place. The Girls 4x800m Relay team (Infinity Bushby, Liliana Ramirez, Annalyn Burtram, Sophia Gomez Napier) also put up an impressive performance, securing 8th place.

SWIM & DIVE: At the 4A/3A North Regional meet last weekend, the Swim & Dive team showcased their prowess, with several athletes qualifying for the state championship meet this Saturday. Tiffany Egwim will be competing in the 50 Free, while Tommy Dietrich secured spots in both the 50 Free and 100 Free as an alternate. Additionally, the Men’s 200 Free Relay team, consisting of Aidan Cook, Thanh Nguyen, Thien Nguyen, Tommy Dietrich, and Eric Crooke, along with the Women’s 200 Free Relay team featuring Avery Guyton, Tiffany Egwim, Rayanna Santizo, and Desi Iscoa, will be representing Springbrook High School in the state championship.

WRESTLING: In the MCPS Championship, the Wrestling team demonstrated their strength and skill. Lincoln Wendel emerged as the county champion in his weight class, marking a significant achievement for the team. Other standout performers included Sean Torrez securing 2nd place, while Adam Mathew and Ricky Dixon claimed 3rd place finishes.

The Springbrook High School community extends its hearty congratulations to all the athletes, coaches, and teams for their exceptional performances. The dedication and talent exhibited by these students are a testament to the school’s commitment to excellence in athletics. Best of luck to all the competitors in their upcoming events!