Freshmen take first exams

Honors Geometry stressing out students.

It’s one of the most stressful times of the year- exam week. As students are returning from a long needed winter break, the semester comes to an end and students have to enter the “horrors” of exams. Exam week started on Monday, January 13 and will finally end on Friday, January 17.

As some students are keeping calm and reviewing notes, others are stressing and cramming for exam week.

“Exam week is coming up, and I literally made a study schedule,” freshman Meron Haile said. In preparation of exam week, students, often freshmen, are seen studying in the library, in the halls, and teachers’ classrooms.

In the midst of all this preparation, most freshmen agree that the most difficult class to study for, next to Biology, is Honors Geometry.

“The most hardest class I have to study for is Geometry… I am so sure that I am going to fail my geometry exam,” Haile added. Since it has been noted that it is more difficult to study for, most freshmen are devoting a majority of their study time to the math exam.

“I’m going to not only review and practice the study guide, but I have to dig up all the papers from September and just review and practice them… I’ve literally been living in my math classroom.. It’s all very stressful,” freshmen Olivia Kanaskie said.

All in all, for students, math seems to be a difficult subject to study for- especially in preparation for exam week.