The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Two New Clubs on the Block

Two New Clubs on the Block

New Clubs on the Block:

As I navigate through my senior year, I have become more and more interested in new clubs offered at our school.  Here are two clubs I think students should be interested in joining:

Best Buddies

What are Best Buddies? Best Buddies is a global movement, an international non-profit organization that involves a group of volunteers dedicated to preventing the isolation of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. According to their website, “Its mission is to communicate to these individuals that despite their disabilities, they deserve the opportunity to cultivate friendships.”  This program is available at our school for anyone interested in volunteering to help their Best Buddies feel loved, cared for, and treated as friends. Being a Best Buddy means acknowledging one’s own disabilities while recognizing the many possibilities for achieving greatness.

I had the opportunity to attend one of their engaging meetings and meet some remarkable individuals. This year’s meeting had the highest attendance, and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with new people and the club’s organizers. As a member of this club, you will be paired with a Best Buddy whom you meet once a month to participate in activities together. It’s an opportunity to hang out and spend quality time with them, treating them as you would any other great friend.

If you’re interested in signing up for Best Buddies, you can access the sign-up form through this link: https://forms.bestbuddies.org/4903689?ChapterAcctID=0014P00003IipiL.  

E-Sports

You heard me right!  This marks the 1st year of the E-sports Club. Think you’ve got what it takes? Ready to climb to the top and flex your gaming skills? This season’s star game is Rocket League, but don’t sweat it if it’s not your thing—there’s a bunch of other games in the works. So if one game isn’t your forte, no worries, there’s always the next season to shine.

We’re talking Super Smash Bro (Ultimate), League of Legends, Valorant, Mario Kart 8, and Spaltoon 3, and there’s more on the horizon. Stay tuned!

We’re meeting up after school on Mondays and Tuesdays for practice sessions, and reserving Wednesdays for the real showdowns. Interested? Drop a line to Mr. Mitchell Casto at [email protected].

Next issue, I will feature two new clubs that everyone should learn more about.