The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

ACES: Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success

Educational Pathway to College Completion

ACES

At Springbrook, we proudly celebrate the Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success (ACES) program, a transformative initiative aimed at creating a seamless transition from high school to college. The ACES program is a collaborative pathway that addresses gaps within the public education system. It serves as a robust support system, guiding students from high school through community college.

Within our vibrant Springbrook community, many students have embraced the ACES program with enthusiasm. Students in the ACES program have expressed that the invaluable knowledge and skills that come with the program have improved their academic journey. Senior, Aileen Hernandez Peralta, shares her profound experience as an ACES participant since her sophomore year. “Thanks to ACES, I’ve been able to learn more about myself, gain SSL hours, and make friends in Springbrook and from participating schools.” Our dedicated ACES coordinator at Springbrook, Mr. Pineda has helped all students interested in ACES and reaches out to them daily. “Mr. Pineda has not only been an amazing coach, but someone you can confide in for help with matters within and outside of ACES.”

Recognizing that a large percentage of sophomores may be unfamiliar with the ACES program and its offerings, Aileen Hernandez Peralta sheds light on the program’s extensive benefits. “Tenth graders joining the program can anticipate workshops covering a range of essential topics, including financial aid, financial literacy, college exploration, scholarships, the application process, and resume building.” Aileen shares that, “Any student interested in joining our Springbrook ACES program team should expect amazing foundational support for college and tons of financial information as well.

For seniors like Aileen, the ACES program has been instrumental in crafting a clear path toward graduation while reducing the burden of college debt. Reminiscing about her involvement in a Mission Possible Event during the summer of 2023, Aileen recalls the joy of bonding with fellow ACES members from various schools over shared experiences and take-home treats. Aileen expresses that she is so grateful for the free resources, amazing coaches, and lasting friendships that she has developed during her time in the ACES program.

Another senior, Damaris Gonzalez-Lopez, also shares the numerous benefits of joining the ACES program. Damaris states, “Throughout this week Mr. Pineda distributed ‘ACES Toolkit’ where we start brainstorming our college essay, researching colleges we want to attend, budget, and more. We have such an amazing coach that is always helping us keep track of our assignments and deadlines. Not only that but we also have an incredible career coach that helps us with internship/job search, resume building, scholarships, and much more. If you have 100% participation in ACES, then you get to participate in field trips to universities.

Springbrook strongly encourages all 10th-grade students considering participation in the ACES program to seize this exceptional opportunity. It serves as a gateway to academic opportunities and resources. “I hope that 10th graders recognize how big of an opportunity this is especially for senior year,” concludes Aileen, extending her heartfelt encouragement.

Click here to learn more about ACES or contact Mr. Pineda at [email protected].

Damaris Gonzalez-Lopez                                                                                                                            Aileen Hernandez Peralta