The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Unleashing Creativity for National Poetry Month

April brings a vibrant burst of life, showcasing nature’s beauty amidst the ever-changing weather. While spring takes center stage, April also invites a celebration of poetry, offering a canvas for creativity and expression through writing and art. National Poetry Month, observed annually until the 30th of April, provides a platform for poets to shine and for enthusiasts to immerse themselves in the beauty of language.

Inspired by the success of Black History Month, National Poetry Month serves as a tribute to authors and poets, highlighting their contributions to literature and culture.

At Springbrook, the spirit of National Poetry Month is alive and thriving. The school is hosting a unique poetry spine book event in the media center, inviting students to unleash their creativity. Participants can select as many books as they desire and use the titles to craft original poems. Once completed, students are encouraged to capture a picture of their poem and submit it as an entry for the contest.

Excitement is brewing as students eagerly embrace the challenge of transforming book titles into poetic masterpieces. The competition promises not only a chance to showcase artistic talents but also the opportunity to win enticing rewards. Winners of the poetry spine book contest will be treated to a pizza party and have the privilege of inviting four friends to join in the celebration.

The poetry spine book contest at Springbrook embodies the essence of National Poetry Month, fostering a sense of creativity, camaraderie, and appreciation for the written word. As students immerse themselves in the world of poetry, they discover the power of language to inspire, evoke emotions, and ignite imaginations.

In a month dedicated to celebrating the artistry of poetry, Springbrook stands as a beacon of creativity and expression, empowering students to embrace their unique voices and share their stories with the world.