The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Springbrook High School Winter Drumline Delights White Oak Middle School’s Black History Month Celebration

Springbrook High School Winter Drumline Delights White Oak Middle Schools Black History Month Celebration

In a rhythmic celebration of Black History Month, Springbrook High School’s Winter Drumline took center stage at White Oak Middle School on Thursday, delivering an electrifying performance that left a lasting impression on students and staff alike.

The Blue Devils, renowned for their precision and energy, showcased their talents in the White Oak Middle School gymnasium, where they performed a captivating routine for 8th graders. The beats echoed through the space, setting the tone for a memorable experience.

Following the gymnasium performance, the drumline took their show on the road, marching around the building to share their cadences with 6th and 7th graders. The rhythmic journey was met with cheers and applause from students, creating an atmosphere of excitement and unity.

Adding an extra layer of flair to the performance, the drumline was joined by fraternity steppers from Howard University. The collaboration brought together the dynamic sounds of the drumline with the spirited moves of the steppers, creating a harmonious fusion of music and dance.

Guiding the talented ensemble was Drum Major Keyla Noriega Ovando, whose leadership and skill were evident throughout the performance. Under her direction, the Winter Drumline delivered a performance that not only celebrated the rich history of Black culture but also inspired and uplifted everyone in attendance.

The collaboration between Springbrook High School’s Winter Drumline and Howard University’s fraternity steppers not only showcased the artistic prowess of these young performers but also emphasized the importance of unity and cultural celebration. The event left an indelible mark on White Oak Middle School, bringing a powerful and rhythmic start to their Black History Month festivities.

Photo Credit: Keyla Noriega-Ovando and Veronica Anzures