The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

11th Grade Parent Night

Last night, on Tuesday, November 14, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, Springbrook High School opened its doors to host the 11th Grade Parent Night. The event provided families with a valuable opportunity to delve into the myriad options available to their soon-to-be graduates as they approach their final year of high school.
The evening began with a small information fair from 6:00 to 6:30 pm, where families had the chance to explore various educational avenues. Institutions such as the University of Maryland, Washington Adventist University, Montgomery College, University of Louisville, and St. Mary’s College were among the participating colleges and universities. Additionally, military representatives and Princeton Review were present to offer insights into alternative paths for post-secondary education.
Ms. Sherryta Campbell took the stage during the structured portion of the event, shedding light on the opportunities available through Dual Enrollment programs. This initiative allows students to earn college credits while still in high school, providing a head start on their academic journey.
Ms. Briggs and Ms. Kessler shared crucial steps for parents to take in preparing their students for college and career paths. The dynamic duo highlighted the importance of early planning and thoughtful decision-making to ensure a smooth transition beyond high school.
Financial Aid, a pivotal aspect of post-secondary education, was addressed by Ms. Jill Semmens from Collegiate Directions. Her presentation provided parents with valuable insights into navigating this crucial aspect of college planning.
The night concluded with a focus on Springbrook High School’s Internship Program, emphasizing the significance of gaining practical experience in preparing for future careers. Students were encouraged to reach out to their counselors or Ms. Tammy Patterson, the dedicated College and Career Counselor, with any questions about the next steps after Springbrook High School.
At the end of the event, one parent shared with Ms. McCuiston that the meeting was, “Timely and necessary.” The 11th Grade Parent Night proved to be an insightful event, equipping families with the knowledge and resources necessary to support their students in making informed decisions about their futures.