The official student news site of Springbrook High School.

The Blueprint

NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James puts the ball up between Toronto Raptors forward PJ Tucker and guard Norman Powell during the fourth quarter in Game 1 of an Eastern Conference playoff game on Monday, May 1, 2017, at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. The Cavaliers beat the Raptors 116-105. (Leah Klafczynski/Akron Beacon Journal/TNS)

photo by TNS

photo by TNS

by Heyab Kiflu, Staff Writer

The NBA playoffs has been living up to its expectations and hype so far. There have been exciting first round series and now great matchups for the second round. Teams have played their best basketball of the year during this stretch and haven’t let down so far. These teams in the second round are the best teams in the league and it’ll be interesting to see what happens from now on and who wins the title this year.

Warriors vs. Jazz
Warriors beat the Blazers in 4 easy games. All without two key bench players; Matt Barnes, Shaun Livingston. They also played one without their best player, Kevin Durant. During that series they lost their coach, Steve Kerr, because of discomfort in his back and it looks like he will not be coming back to coach for the rest of the playoffs which is a huge loss for them. But, the Jazz struggled to beat an unhealthy Clippers team in 7 games. From the looks of it, it seems as if the Warriors will not have any problem with crushing by the second round as well.

Prediction: Warriors in 5

Spurs vs Rockets
The Rockets had an easier time getting by the first round for three reasons. One, they have James Harden who is unguardable and does not make bad decisions when he is the primary ball handler. Two, their style of play is quick and fast, they don’t let the other team get a breather even after they score they are always pushing the ball. Three, Patrick Beverley who is one of the best defenders in the league played great defense on Russell Westbrook. The Spurs had a tough time against the Grizzlies. They were not able to stop Marc Gasol and Mike Conley. The Spurs play more old school type basketball and their offense is a lot slower. They also do not have the defense they need to stop the Rockets. They have two slow bigs in Lamarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol who can’t defend Rockets bigs. And even though Tony Parker had a couple good games against the Grizzlies, he didn’t have a good defender on him like Patrick Beverly. The only scorer they really had was Kawhi Leonard, and he isn’t enough to lead them past the Rockets alone.

Prediction: Rockets in 6

Wizards vs Celtics
Wizards and Celtics both didn’t have an easy route to get by the first round. In fact the Celtics lost the first two games of the first series to the Bulls, but won the next four games after Rajon Rondo got injured. The Wizards didn’t have an easier route either not being able to stop Dennis Schroder or Paul Millsap. I think this series will be the best one of the second round because over the season they played 4 games and tied 2-2.

Prediction: Celtics in 7

Cavaliers vs Raptors

Cavaliers are unstoppable right now and the Raptors are one of the most inconsistent teams in the playoffs. Cavaliers will only lose one game. No one can guard Lebron and Kyrie. Kyle Lowry is the most inconsistent point guard in the playoffs. He struggled against a very young Bucks team shooting horribly during the series.

Prediction: Cavaliers in 5

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Entertainment

Wonder Woman Saves DCU

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Showcase

Nya signs with Wake Forest to continue football career

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Devils OT Sports Blog

NBA Top 10 moments in the season

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Opinion

The evolution of Prom

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

News

MCPS Struggles To Close Achievement Gap

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Entertainment

’13 Reasons Why’ changes the game for Netflix shows

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Entertainment

Khalid’s ‘American Teen’ hits the charts

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Feature

Partners in Rhyme: Joony & Max.Freetown

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Showcase

Track team sprints into nationals

• NBA Series Playoff Predictions

Showcase

Bocce on a roll to their first state championship

NBA Series Playoff Predictions