The official student news site of Springbrook High School.

The Blueprint

Focused and bright future ahead

Jordi Amaya has been playing volleyball at Springbrook since his sophomore year.

by Tammy Dam, Staff Writer

Jordi Amaya, a working scholar athlete at Springbrook High School plans to take his volleyball team to finals and to one day open his own auto shop.
“I’ve been playing for 3 years and it is my last year playing with my teammates so I am excited to end senior year crushing,” Amaya said.
Finishing the previous year as a member on the coed volleyball team, Amaya planned to improve the team ambience and overall season record with the boys volleyball team this year with a new team and the new coach, Jennifer Raikes.
“He was so dedicated to supporting us and helping us whenever we needed it. He was like a player on the team rather than a manager,” an anonymous said.
During the Girls Junior Varsity and Varsity Volleyball season, he was like a part of the team because of his high dedication and nearly perfect attendance to every practice, scrimmage, and game. Watching the girls play volleyball pumped him up for his spring season with his teammates.
“I actually quit my part time job for volleyball because I enjoy playing an intense sport with an amazing team and a great coach.”
In the past, he worked part-time job six times a week at Popeyes up until recently because he wants to enjoy his last year at Springbrook playing boys volleyball. This is his first year on the boys volleyball team. Currently, he works for his father’s landscaping business on for 12 hours each day of the weekend.
“Most of our actual families go through tough times often so we as brothers always rely on each other when we need help.”
Another activity he enjoys besides volleyball would be anything related to cars in general. He owns and loves his black 2015 Mustang EcoBoost. No Limits MD is a car crew composed of close friends when his friend wanted to form a second family.
Starting in the August, he will be enlisted to be a 91-bravo (wheeled vehicle mechanic) for the Army Guard. His closest cousin, in active duty, actually inspired and strongly influenced his decision in joining the army. He plans on traveling wherever they are in need of a mechanic and serving for 8 years before he plans on settling down.
“I want to be a mechanic and one day open up my own shop. ”
After Guard, he plans to obtain a 41 mechanical certifications to work at a tech shop and become a master technician, and plans to someday run his own mechanical shop. Another future goal of his is to become one of the top car crews in the D.C. Maryland Virginia (DMV) area.

• Focused and bright future ahead

Entertainment

Wonder Woman Saves DCU

• Focused and bright future ahead

Showcase

Nya signs with Wake Forest to continue football career

• Focused and bright future ahead

Devils OT Sports Blog

NBA Top 10 moments in the season

• Focused and bright future ahead

Opinion

The evolution of Prom

• Focused and bright future ahead

News

MCPS Struggles To Close Achievement Gap

• Focused and bright future ahead

Entertainment

’13 Reasons Why’ changes the game for Netflix shows

• Focused and bright future ahead

Entertainment

Khalid’s ‘American Teen’ hits the charts

• Focused and bright future ahead

Feature

Partners in Rhyme: Joony & Max.Freetown

• Focused and bright future ahead

Showcase

Track team sprints into nationals

• Focused and bright future ahead

Showcase

Bocce on a roll to their first state championship

Focused and bright future ahead