Varsity girls soccer team turns it around

Last year, Springbrook High School’s girls varsity soccer team had a season record of 0-12, winning no games. This year, the team is doing better than they have done in the past three years. Currently, they have a record of 3-3, winning games against John F. Kennedy High School, Northwood High School and Wheaton High School.

The team last year consisted of nine freshmen on the roster. This year the team added three valuable freshmen Jasmine Chin, Samantha Bryant and Jacqueline Milloy.

“Our dynamic is better than it was last year, we have a stronger unit, a closer unit,” sophomore captain Mercy Akede said. “I look forward to a winning record.”

The team has a hard upcoming schedule to overcome, facing teams from Clarksburg High School, Wootton High School and Sherwood High School.

“We have some harder games the rest of the season but I think we’ll do better than last year,” sophomore captain Chloe Yetter said.

The girls’ soccer team is looking forward to their future games and plans to try their best and hardest to represent Springbrook.

“The team can only get better and hope to build the soccer program,” soccer coach Ashley Minor said.

The team’s next game is on Thursday, Oct. 9 at 5 p.m. against James Hubert Blake High School.