The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Inspiring Visit: Lt. Col. Anna Gunn-Golkin Engages Springbrook’s PLTW Students in Space Exploration

Springbrook’s PLTW students recently had a unique opportunity when they welcomed Lt. Col. Anna Gunn-Golkin for a visit. Currently serving at the White House as one of the four Guardians of Space, Lt. Col. Anna Gunn-Golkin has a remarkable career trajectory. Her journey commenced in the Air Force, where she specialized in Astronomical Engineering.

With a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Astronomical Engineering under her belt, she furthered her expertise at the Test Pilot School, mastering the operation of an extensive array of aircraft, including unconventional ones like the Goodyear blimp. Lt. Col. Anna Gunn-Golkin attributes her educational achievements to the Air Force and Space Force, recognizing their support in attaining her college degrees and enabling her to fulfill her aspiration of safeguarding Space.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to Lt. Col. Anna Gunn-Golkin and the dedicated men and women in service, protecting our nation and its interests. Their commitment and sacrifices are invaluable in preserving our nation’s security.