The official student news site of Springbrook High School. #thebrooknews

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Introducing Mr. Jason Woods

Greetings Springbrook High School! My name is Jason Woods, and it is with great enthusiasm that I introduce myself as a new addition to the Springbrook family. I am thrilled to be here and eager to embark on this exciting journey with all of you.
I have the privilege of teaching most of the Piano I classes and a brand-new course, Music Technology, which we’re excited to offer for the first time at Springbrook. Music has been an integral part of my life since the early days of my education. My musical journey began in 5th grade when I picked up the trumpet and continued through middle school. However, things really clicked for me when I transitioned to the piano during my high school years. The roots of my passion for music can be traced back to my father, who is a saxophonist and introduced me to the enchanting worlds of gospel and jazz music.
I pursued my music education further at my Alma Mater, Howard University, where I earned a Bachelor’s of Music degree with a focus on Jazz and piano. It was during my undergraduate studies that I unexpectedly discovered my calling as an educator and mentor. I realized that I wanted to share my love for music with young minds and provide them with opportunities to explore the diverse facets of this art form.
My path to Springbrook was serendipitous, as it often happens in life. Principal Valentine, with her remarkable vision and keen eye for talent, played a pivotal role in bringing me here. I had initially applied for a teaching position at another school but, through a twist of fate, she offered me the opportunity to be a part of this incredible community.
My mission here at Springbrook is to instill a deep appreciation for music, enabling students to challenge themselves and express their creativity. While my personal, or “biased aspiration is to nurture exceptional musicians, my true desire is to inspire our students to pursue their dreams and equip them with the tools they need to find their purpose in life. I aim to inspire a generation of young minds determined to excel in their chosen endeavors, confident in the belief that they are destined for greatness.
I am looking forward to a fantastic year of learning, growth, and music-making with all of you. Together, we will create a harmonious environment where our students can thrive and achieve their full potential. I am excited to be part of the Springbrook family and can’t wait to embark on this remarkable journey with you all.