Prom season never ends

Dancing over but fundraising continues for future proms

The familiar face of a staff member smiles up at you as you are checked in. You get your picture taken, and you and your friends walk into the prom section of the venue. Immediately, your ears are greeted with the sounds of friends chatting and laughing, and of course the music is echoing out of the dance hall. On the right is a room to take more pictures in and tables lined with refreshments. When you walk into the main hall, your eyes are met with the sight of girls and guys dressed to the nines and dancing the night away.

Everything around you screams – you guessed it – prom!

This year’s prom night, themed “Arabian Nights”, was a huge success. Students danced the night away and enjoyed the refreshments made available in side rooms. Also available at the hotel was a photo system where students could pose with their friends and receive complimentary copies.

Seniors had a wonderful time at one of the last big events of their high school careers.

“I had a great time at prom… I spent the night with both junior and senior friends, I’m glad I went,” senior Zoe Braddock said.

Staff chaperones also thought the prom was a huge success.

“I thought it was very well organized, I thought everybody was pretty classy… everyone was well-behaved,” said chaperone and AP U.S. History teacher Adrienne D’Orazio.

Despite earlier rumors, there were no issues with funding for Class of 2015 events such as prom, and the financial status of the class is in excellent condition.

Even though the successful prom of 2015 may have passed, prom season hasn’t quite finished. Classes of 2016 through 2018 are already planning for their own proms.

Class council elections took place today, and student leadership may potentially change in the next few weeks. But those currently in charge are already brainstorming as to what things can be done to ensure a prom to remember.

“I definitely want to have a senior car wash I’m like all about it… It’s in the summertime when the weather is warm and,you know, it’s a time for you to get together with your friends,” said Angelique Medley, current secretary of the Class of 2016 and running for reelection.

As time goes on, each class will come up with more and more ideas as to how to create a prom to remember, but one thing’s for sure – prom season never really ends.