Homecoming surpasses students’ expectations

With a fun-filled week coming to a close, Springbrook finished with its annual Homecoming dance, held on October 25th, 2014 from 8:00 a.m-11:00 p.m. The dance was held in the cafeteria with an impressive turnout. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors arrived looking their very best and ready to have fun with friends.

The theme of this year’s homecoming was “Glo’ Fest”. Students received glow in the dark bracelets upon arrival to light up the room. Although this year’s theme was looked at with skepticism, many students enjoyed this year’s homecoming when compared with previous years.

“I thought that homecoming wasn’t going to be as good this year but it was actually really live. It was amazing how everyone was dancing and singing along when songs like ‘Hot Boy’ came on,” junior Lola Ajayi shared.

Music by Young Thug, Rae Sremmurd, and Future really got the students dancing. The DJ played a variety of music such as the popular “Nae-nae” and even some Spanish songs. However, there were a few song selections that students did not enjoy so much.

“I wish some of the songs were better, but overall it was a great experience. I tried to enjoy it because it was my last year,” senior Vanday Bundu stated.

Snacks and beverages were being served in the main lobby and when students needed to take a break from all the dancing, they hung out in the main halls with friends taking pictures.

The dance finished promptly at 11:00 p.m with chaperones rushing students out of the cafeteria. Students were told to help clean out and call for their parents in order to clear the school out in time. Because of this mad rush, the coat room became overflowed with people,  and once students were out, they were not allowed back inside.

“I walked out of the school to check if my ride was here and I wasn’t allowed to go back inside until everyone left. I had to wait for everyone to clear out before I could go back and get my stuff,” senior Faith Young stated.

Despite this inconvenience, most students agreed it was a fun and memorable night.

“It was a great time. I really hope we have more school dances,” senior Kumam Khasar stated.

It is clear that the homecoming dance was a big hit and, hopefully, Springbrook will have more dances in addition to homecoming and prom.