Library introduces Board Game Thursdays

photo by MCT Campus

If you are a regular library visitor, you may have noticed that every Thursday there are tables of enthusiastic students playing board games during lunch.

On Thursdays, students are encouraged by the media center staff to compete against their friends. There are 11 different board games to chose from, including games in different languages such as Spanish and French.

“At the end of last year, several students asked me to allow a day when they have the chance to play board games or card games. I knew that it would be difficult to do this everyday, but I figured that everyone needs a break by Thursday, so I began bringing in games in the beginning of second semester,” Library media specialist Julie Simon explained.

Many students enjoy Board Game Thursdays.

“I absolutely adore it,” junior Gelila Haile said. “It is really fun to get a chance to do something other than homework in the media center.”

Although there are students who like having the opportunity to play games in the library, there are also students who do not share this enthusiasm.

“It can be a little distracting in the media center during Board Game Thursdays, people are a lot louder and it’s harder to get your work done,” junior Zoe Braddock said.

For the most part, Board Game Thursdays have become popular among students.

“The majority of the students seem to be enjoying it. They always seem excited when Thursday rolls around,” Simon stated.

Board Game Thursdays will continue for the rest of the year.