Letter to the Editor: limited lunch options

Dear Springbrook Newspaper,

The thing I noticed at Springbrook that needs to change is the lunch options. There should be open lunch where we can go anywhere to eat out and the vending machines should be open at all times. Why should you listen to my concerns? I am the future generation of Springbrook, who needs these changes to make me feel better about my future. Some students at Springbrook HS don’t like the options in the school cafeteria.

We as students should have the choice to eat what we prefer. Other schools in Montgomery County get to walk out of their schools and go somewhere else for lunch, why can’t we? There are many places nearby the school we can go out to eat at such as Green Apple, Dominic’s Pizza, and much more. If you’re wondering the whole school might walk out and never return, there should be a grade limit on who gets to go out. We can let any sophomores, juniors, or seniors who is eligible leave the building to eat out. Freshmen are still getting used to the idea of high school, so they can eat inside of school.

Vending machines are there for our benefit, and the schools benefit as well. Springbrook probably makes money off of the vending machines, and shutting them off during different parts of the day slows the money coming in. We should have them open before, during, and after school so that any student who missed lunch can grab a snack on their way to their next class or grab something before an after school activity. Therefore, students of Springbrook High School should not have to suffer hunger throughout the day by not having something they like and not getting a chance to eat at all. Bringing back vending machines will eliminate the hunger if not completely, it will lessen it and having an open lunch will let students eat what they prefer.

Sincerely,

On An Empty Stomach